Tuesday 5 August 2014

My Plan.

Planning. My whole life has been a plan. Carefully organised, goal oriented and very, highly motivated. I've always been working towards something. It's surprising to myself, now at 18 years, that I've not never stopped. Not even momentarily, I've been so invested in preparing for my future that I've never took the time to appreciate the present. At times, I feel like I need to remind myself I am only 18. I don't NEED to have it all together, and I think last years rejections were a blessing in disguise. I hope this year out gives me that chance, to stop, pause, evaluate and most importantly ENJOY.

What's one year in the grand scheme of things?

I finished school *officially* just over a month ago. What have I done with this time I hear you ask? WELL.

Planning.

Old habits die hard, right? Or so I'm told. I've planned everything down to my potential personal statement for next year, I've read up as much as I can on my course (chemistry) and I've enrolled myself in a YINI scheme in which I HOPE I get a placement for this year.

Come August 14th (results day - slightly panicking as I write) I hope I'll have it together. I'll just relax and take it as it is.

A girl can hope right?

Let's see how this turns out...

No comments:

Post a Comment