Monday 21 July 2014

Take Two.

GAP YEAR. Two words that were inevitable. I'd always known I'd end up here, as pessimistic as it sounds, but what I didn't know is I'd lose the passion and the drive I had for something I'd worked so hard for, and dreamt so hard about for the last two years. I had clung on to the dream so fiercely and with such determination, I had refused to let anyone or anything obstruct my view of the end goal. In my mind, I had already become. First mistake - nothing is ever guaranteed. I admit now, last year I was too invested in my dream to even acknowledge the overwhelming reality of rejection that loomed above me, was it naivety? I like to think of myself as a dreamer, a creative, a lover of this world, but at the same time I'm a realist, an organiser, constantly calculating the steps of my future with care and thought. The products of my investment, that's what the future is, right? An investment birthed from the calculated decisions I make now.

Balancing my impulsive side with the cautious has been a challenge. And this year alike, will prove challenge. However, I refuse to accept failure, I owe to it to myself to set myself on a new journey, a better journey, one that is both realistic yet also fulfils the requirements of Fiyal the dreamer. I'm excited for this year, I'm excited for change and I'm excited for potential.

The journey begins - take two.

No comments:

Post a Comment